Monday, April 4, 2011

Just an update..

Hello everyone in blog-world,

I've been M.I.A in the past while but with every valid excuse in the world. I've been terribly busy with lab exams, clinical, and yes, social time.

Where did I leave off?

Okay, so I've had a good and productive past couple weeks and only one more to go where I can sensibly call myself a 75% nurse :)

We had a mega snow storm the day I was supposed to have my last lab exam (the 25th), so it was the first snow day since high school where I did absolutely nothing. I stayed in joggers all day, went to the convenience store for a junk run and watched movies while eating my junk. I watched a ton of old chick-flick favorites: Mean Girls, A Walk to Remember, and Save the Last Dance. The next day was the annual Nursing Charity Ball was pretty sweet and I have lots of pictures which I posted on facebook already. My dress turned out lovely, except for that it was a wee-bit too low for me in the front since I gained a few pounds since first purchasing the dress. I still love it though. I left like a lemon gumdrop fairy wearing it




I ended up having my med-surge lab exam this past Friday, which I succeeded to pass. My skill was taking a venupunctured blood sample. Easy enough.

My lovely boyfriend and I made veggie pizza that evening for our friend Beverly's birthday. We stuck around at the party for a couple of hours and then he took me on a surprise date to a comedy club. It was very nice! Paid for everything, even the cab rides. I'm really impressed in the way he's been trying to act like a better boyfriend. Unfortunately that evening, I felt like I was coming down with a head cold. Sure enough, the next morning, I had the full-blown thing.

So, here I am, still sick as a dog. I'm supposed to do a clinical shift on oncology tomorrow morning, but there is no way I am going in their, potentially killing my patients who probably don't have a neutrophil to call their own. Not a chance.

On a lighter topic, I wanted to come up with possible themes for my birthday party, only one month away. I have my theme picked, but here is a list of possible themes I thought would be a blast:

1. Retro Roller Party (Would have been a winner, only no one is cool enough to own roller blades/skates)
2. Polka dot party (cute, but not original enough for me!)
3. Disney character party (good idea, but I think this will be saved for Halloween)
4. Retro Electro (Love it, but it's been done before)
5. Bollywood (I'm thinking next year..)
6. The winner - 80's Prom Party

Oooh yeah.







I'm thinking of doing alot of emerald green and hot pink colors for my own get-up

Soo excitedd!

Okay, back to studying.

See you in a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?