Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quirks



Yes, I am a pretty quirky person.

I'm copying Emily's blog idea of making a list of all the "quirky" and random facts NO one would have ever guessed about me. I started this around exam time, in between studying, I'd write down things which came to mind that would define me as quirky.

Let's begin?

1. I love theme parties. I always have. Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to have a birthday party every single year with a unique theme. Take the picture from above, my birthday last year was "Vintage Glam" and I made all my friends come dressed up representing decades of the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's, ate danty and posh finger food and listened to old time classics like Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald. There was even a bit of swing dancing happening in my living room :)

2. I have an obsession with cupcakes. They are the prettiest things in the world. I not only like how they taste, but just the way they look. They are so feminine and pixie-cute. And with respect to my above quirk, I'm seriously thinking of having a tea and cupcake party. I've also thought of dressing up as a cupcake doll for Halloween(you know the one's from the early 90's that had the cupcake "sambraros" and they smelled REALL good?)

3. I drink herbal tea like it's going out of style. I know this is weird, but I don't like cold drinks that much. I like things that feel warm in my belly. Tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider. MMMM... :)

4. I love throwing surprise parties for my friends. I just love making people feel good about themselves, which is 75% of the reason why I went into nursing to begin with. I love love love throwing surprise parties. I'm working my way through my list and my goal is to give one to all my closest friends / family. I'm thinking my momma will be up next with her birthday in July :)

5. I love planning ahead. I think I have a slight case of OCD. But I hate procrastinating. I start my mental Christmas shopping in September, and actual shopping in Early November.

6. I love a homemade veggie pizza. Best thing in the world. I have a real problem with eating processed meat of any kind, particularly from a restaurant. But homemade veggie pizzas are so easy and fun to make. Matty and I have our "pizza Fridays" where we make a homemade veggie pizza every Friday for supper.

7. I am obsessed with black and white animals. Pandas, zebras, etc..Maybe it's because I'm a black and white "animal" myself!

8. Contrary to my last "quirk", I am not really an animal person. I wish I was! I never really spent much time with them growing up as my many allergies preventing my family from ever owning anything other than hamsters.

9. My style changes ever so frequently. I spend little money on individual items of clothes as I go through so much. I do, however, invest in good quality jeans, as they don't really change much in style. Sorry, but the skinny jean trend came back in 2006 and it's likely to stick around for a while. I do however, donate my old clothes to the "Association for New Canadians", as many of them are refugees and come to Canada with only the shirts on their back. So sad :(

10. Why I keep my name private on this blog: I have two reasons. One, my name is very unique and very rare for a girl's name. Two, because of number one, I feel that if a future employer types in my name on google, this blog may pop up, exposing my freedom of speech.

11. I hate old dishes with food left on them. Ewww. I don't get why it is so hard for someone to do as much as rinse of their dish when they are done with it

12. I hate dresses with pockets. Makes me feel like I am wearing an apron

13. Melted cheese is disgusting. To me, it's like eating greasy rubber. Yuck!

14. This is hlarious, but I used to have a FEAR of COTTON CANDY! Yes, I was deathly afraid of it. Every time my parents took me and my brother to a midway, I would steer CLEAR of the concession booth. No joke! It was the fact that cotton candy reminded me of a pile of pink intertwined spiders' webs, and I loathe, loathe, loathe spiders!

That's all I could think of!

Hope you all are having a lovely day!

-strangeflower

3 comments:

  1. i love cupcakes as well! so good! number 10 and 14 are too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcakes are the best! and I am still afraid of cotton candy. I've moved up to the point where I can be in the presence of it, though, if friends wanted to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fear of cotton candy?!! That's crazy!! At least you love cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions?