Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter, Everyone =)



I celebrate this weekend proudly. I celebrate this weekend because I am not perfect. I celebrate this weekend because in the past, I've failed and will continue to fail. I celebrate this weekend because through it all, God has offered me the gift of forgiveness and eternal life, even after I've screwed up so many times.

I, while enjoying a beautiful spring day with my friend Stacey, used the time to reflect on what God has done for me, how I am blessed, despite how imperfect I am.

I mention frequently in these journals how I have slipped a little in my Christian ways. I haven't been the light in lives of others as I ought to be, to be able to stand out. I need to consistently ask God to help me with that one. To be proud of my faith and stand guard to my values and beliefs, despite what others may think.

Jesus did such a humbling task of dying on the cross for me, so that I didn't have to for my sins.

I've honestly found that by doing these journals and listening to others on blogspot write about their journeys as a young adult Christian, I feel ever so inclined to make the effort to make things right with God again.

I want to delete all the journals which I've use profanity and talked of things such as hangovers and drinking. I'm so done with it. Spring is a new season of new life. I want to turn a new leaf in my life.

I have felt the compelling urge to write my testimony on this blog someday. It is pretty profound and clearly states how God really does take the "weak" to make as His leaders.

Thank you, Jesus, for giving your life up for me so that I can live eternally in heaven.

I wish you all a blessed Easter and remember that greatest gift of eternal life we have been given as a result of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?