Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fashion and food

I mentioned how I spent most of yesterday with my friend Stacey. We went to Starbucks for drinks and then to the Thrift Store for some vintage shopping. I am loving how I can buy things for dirt cheap and have such stylish items. I am really loving the pastels, the floral prints and layered silk scarfs for this seasons, most of which I found in the Thrift Shop. I spent altogether under 40 dollars for 9 items, which would have probably cost me over 200 dollars if I bought it in the mall.

(Please don't judge my carpet! It's the old one in the basement next to the washing machine, as I refuse to wear these clothes before washing them first!)

I love, love, love this pink clutch. I wear so much pink on a regular basis and is good when I'm wearing neutrals and blacks for that pop of color in my outfit. It can tottally be worn with a casual or dressy outfit. I also love how I can wear it with or without a strap.




This pink dress is perfect for spring and summer. I can wear it to a wedding or church OR I can also make it super casual and throw on a jean jacket over it. I love the pink crinoline layer underneath :)




I love this green satin skirt. It is a little short, but pairing with a pair of black leggings would look super cute. I can also dress this skirt up or down.


This floral shirt is the epiphany of what I want my summer style to be :) While I can just wear it loose and buttoned-up, it is a bit big on me so I figured I could also tie it up as a crop top, put a dark cami on underneath and wear it with a pair of high waisted jeans or shorts!


(Tied up as a crop top)


This skirt is my FAVORITE item that I bought at the Thrift Shop. I really, really wanted a short, flouncy floral skirt to wear for this season but not spend a lot of money, since the warm weather does NOT last long where I live. This skirt incorporates all the colors I have in my wardrobe already, so I can wear it with virtually anything and it would match! Also, only $4.99 !! =)



The next few scarfs I bought were for a dollar - altogether!!!






LOVE me some deals!!

I started planning for some of the food I want to have at my party. I really don't want to spend too much money, so I'm trying to think of creative ideas that won't break the bank, but look super adorable and taste great at the same time.

Some things I want to have:

+Party Mix
+Crush (It comes in neon colors - perfect for an 80's party - orange, lime, pinapple, and cream soda)
+chips and onion dip with hot pink food coloring
+bright orange Doritos chips
+Ketchup Chips
+Cheesies
+Veggie and fruit trays
+Mayybeee hot wings
+deserts and rainbow "Like a Virgin" (Get it?! "Like a Virgin"? Madonna? The 80's? Yeah? Okay, I'm lame)

Some Ideas I have for desserts:

Colored oreo truffles (I'll post the recipe later on =) ):

Maybe not THIS elaborate, but you get my point. They are actually super easy to make!

Neon Cupcake Tree:


Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats:


Rainbow "Like A Virgin" Jello Shots (Alcohol Free!):


Yummy yummy.
Hope you all have a wonderful day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?