Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Inspired by Katy Perry

Katy Perry is one of my favorite celebrity fashion icons. Today, my outfit was inspired by a photo I recently saw of her in a Seventeen magazine for a back-to-school issue. This look reminds me of nothing else, but the 90's. I think of Kelly from Saved by the Bell, with a sassier edge from 2010.




I had recently purchased a short grey high-waisted skirt from my shopping spree in Toronto. I also had a periwinkle blue button-up oxford shirt to pair with it. I could have easily copied Katy's outfit straight from the magazine, but I decided to put my own twist to it. I am ever so found of blue and red together, so I found red accesories and used them to add more punch to my look..

(P.S. I looked like crap at the time I was taking the picture, so I just decided to lay it out on my bed instead):



Oxford Button-up: Bootlegger
Black tank (underneath): Bootlegger
Skirt: Forever 21
Earrings: Gift (from Suzy Shier)
Belt: Forever 21
Leggings: Icing By Claire's
Shoes: Le Chateau

I know you are ALL wondering about "the shoes". Aren't they spectacular!?! I lucked into them last summer on sale at Le Chateau for only $30. I had thought I hit jackpot at the time because my whole life, I've ALWAYS wanted a pair of ruby red sparkly slippers just like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. And now I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?