Sunday, September 12, 2010

You're every song, and I sing along...

Yeah, so for those of you who do not know the history of me and my boyfriend, it is long. We go way back to March 1st, 2008 when I did the most courageous and boldest thing ever at a club (sober) and asked him to dance. I never ever ask guys to dance, but I felt comfortable enough to and since then (with a few bumps in the road), we've been madly in love. It was love right away. We took things pretty slow starting off because both of us had come out of shitty relationships and Matthew was about to go away for the summer on workterm. We knew we had something, but it wasn't really apparent until a year later when we realised we were perfect for each other.

I think Matt is the only guy in the world I can feel comfortable in my own skin without wearing any makeup or looking like a princess in front of. I can tell him anything in the world and he'll always listen. We know what love is, because we worked so hard to make it work. Has it been perfect from day 1? No. We both needed to grow up and spend time apart at times, but we knew the other was worth it enough to keep going.

Matthew could not be more perfect for me.
I want to spend the rest of my life with him.
He is someone who without fail makes me happy, even when he pisses me off with his dumb boy ways. I love you even when you act like a douche.
We fight sometimes, but we have no real unresolvable issues. We bring out the best in each other. He is my lover, my best friend, my wisdom-giver, my partner-in-crime..

Boy, I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?