Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer 2010

Okay, so it's the 2nd of September and I feel like my summer has officially ended. Well, not officially ended. It ends officially September the 8th when I go back to school for my third year of nursing school. Hard to believe how fast time flies. I want to make a list of things about this summer which I want to remember the most. The good and the bad. It's all life. I always thought that by 2010 we'd be driving flying cars and wearing silver jumpsuits with jetpacks. Still a way's away, I guess.

Anywhoo. A list of Summer 2010 Favorites:

Songs: "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz
"Somebody to Love" by Usher ft. Justin Bieber (don't make fun!)
"California Gurls" by Katy Perry
"Wall of Sound" by Naturally 7
"Ready or Not" by Naturally 7

Food: Asian cuisine alllll the way! Rice noodles, beef & broccoli, bubble tea, Dim
Sum brunch, Kimchi, bok choy, XO sauce, sweet chili Thai sauce. Pure yum-ness!

Fashion: Pale blue, pale pink, red and coral colors; jazz flats!!; dainty pearl
stud earrings; black leggings; flowered scarfs and purses; gold jewelery;
gold gladitors.

This is the winning outfit of the summer. And the "punny" thing about it is that I got it at Winner's. For 14 dolla billz!!!



Past time: So, as most of you know, I was very frugal this summer for my lack of
hours at work, so I didn't do a whole lot but try and save up spending
money for when I went to Toronto. All I pretty much did was work out at
gym literally every day and scrapbook. I decided to try and scrapbook my
four years of nursing, so needless to say, there's alot more to be added
to my book. Right now, I've scrapbooked up to last Halloween. I'm waiting
for it to get closer to Christmas so I can find some Holiday scrapbook
decor and do pictures from last Christmas / New Year's.

This is a picture of the page capturing my Masquarade event in March 2009. Probably the nicest page I have done:




Memorable Moments:
+ Canada Day nurses & navy party.

+ Matthew meeting the fam-jam. He met all of Mom's extended family Canada day weekend.

+ Beauty of a night at Club V with Jean, Nic and Katie. I've known these girls for YEARS and what never got old is that we still always remembered how to have fun.

+ Steph's surprise 21st birthday. Poor Steph didn't have a good birthday in such a long time, so I made it my mission to change that for her this year. I invited all her closest friends (about 20 showed up!) and we had a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant. She thought she was going to a concert with me, but was she surprised!!

+ Beach day at Middle Cove!

+ Vintage photoshoot with Jerrica

+ Retro photoshoot with Kaleigh. It involved rainbow striped leg warmers and a TON
of candy :)

+ TORONTO: Michael Buble, shopping at Eaton, Canada's Wonderland, Niagara Falls,
meeting up with Jonathan and Uncle Clayton, Toronto Island, Seeing
Inception for a THIRD time at an IMAX, watching a 4D film, meeting up with
Matt's family, lots of Asian food, hot and beautiful weather.

+ Vintage tea party photoshoot with Natasha and Aleasha (pictures to come..)

Movies: "Inception". BEST MOVIE OF LIFE! I saw it THREE times in theatres.
Seriously. I would NEVER pay to see a movie three times unless it was
pure amazement. The most intellectually stimulating movie I have ever seen.
I just love Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page!

"The Back Up Plan". So tottally cute. One of the few chick flicks that
doesn't make me cringe with all its cheese.

"Step Up 3D". Good story line, althought somewhat predictable. Great fashion.
Sexy boys and girls. Lots of ass-grinding dance action. Wit and charm. Great
music. FABULOUS effects for a 3D movie.


Overall, it was an okay summer. I've had better. I've had worse. Actually. No, It was a GREAT summer which had a few shitty moments, but overall it was quite sweet.

I will do a blog of all my summer dislikes, but right now I am lazy andddd I am going grocery shopping / wedding jewelery shopping.

Now, on to Autumn. My favorite season.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?