Sunday, October 31, 2010

It is Halloween. It is Halloween. HALLOWEEN! Halloween!

Happy afterrrr Halloween errrryone

i started this journal on Halloween and then my computer went screw-y so I couldn't finish it

I've had a good Halloween weekend so far!
I ended up getting my Halloween party after all. My brother and I decided to have a Halloween Birthday Party for him, since his birthday was October 25th. So everyone dressed up and we turned our living room into a dance floor and Jon Dj'd the whole night, had tasty Halloween treats and Halloween decorations. It was fun!

My oreo cookie costume worked out for a bit, but the straps kept falling off so towards the end of the night, I took it off.

Last night, Steph and I went to a Halloween party dressed as a flapper and 80's girl (I was 80's :D), and we tried to make it to Mardi Gras, but the lineups were miles long, it was freezing and Steph got sick so we called it a night.

I think I'm just going to stick to going to / throwing costume parties next year. It is just not worth it to go dt for the sake of a couple hours, crammed in a bar with sardines and then waiting for hours in the freezing cold to get a cab ride home.

Our Halloween party was just a test drive this year to see if we could actually do it successfully, so because of the great outcome, we are DEFINITELY having another one next year!

I was thinking of costumes to be, as well.

This year everyone and their dog did:
1. Jersey Shore
2. Lady Gaga
3. Alice in Wonderland
4. Sailor Scouts (although i love this, it was waaayyyy over done)
5. Chilean miners (I saw a trillion guys dressed like this)


And everyyyy girl, SKANKED up. I do not get this. You go to La Senza and spend over a hundred dollars on a lingerie-ish thing to wear out in the cold with a pair of butterfly wings and antenae and six inch stilettos. I do not understand. And these same girls are the ones who are too cool to wear a coat downtown and drink twice their weight to warm themselves up and look even more rediculous. For example, some girls go down with cat ears and a bra and panties and say they are cats. The last time I checked, cats were covered in head-to-toe with fur

Some costume Ideas I have for next year:

1. Mario and Princess Peach (i'd need a blonde wig)
2. Gossip girls (Erin as Blair, Andrea as Serena, Courtney as Jenny, and Me as Vanessa)
3. Saved by The bell (Of course, i'd be lisa.. Need a Zack, kelly, slater, jessie, and screech!)
4. Arthur and DW (My brother would be arthur, and i'd be his pesky sister, DW)
5. Avatar (I originally was going to do this, but the costumes were sooooo expensive on line and the makeup would have been a bitch)
6. Powerrangers
7. Treasure trolls (I saw this done and it was awweeessoomeee)
8. Mcdonald's happy meal (Need a drink, burger, fries and a barbie doll "toy")

But now halloween is over with, I have Christmas to look forward to :)

I can't wait:
1. Christmas specials on tv
2. candy cane hot chocolate
3. sledding
4. piles of knitted sweaters and scarfs to stay warm
5. cozy warm nights inside with a wailing storm outside
6. secret santa
7. cookie baking
8. pie-making
9. christmas shopping
10. gift giving
11. stocking stuffing
12. tree decorating
13. santa clause parade watching (which btw is THIS month :D)
14. feeling like a kid every year with excitement
15. special time with family and friends
16. caroling
17. mummering
18. Going to see the Nutcracker


some pictures to get you excited and make you weak..






1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for Christmas it's retarded.
    I am Christmas obsessedddd.

    to answer your questions:
    1. I usually go with the $10.00 tights- the nylon/lycra ones. they're actually a lot better than the $8 ones, and they only come in one size, so your second issue would be solved!

    2. like I said, I go with the one-size pair, but if you're getting the other onese definitely go with a bigger size. they'll be way more comfortable and won't snag as easily. also, when I got the medium ones (the first time I ordered) even though I fit into the height and weight guidelines they were pretty snug.

    3. the m/l skirts will be fiiine. they're usually a small make anyways, especially the striped ones.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Opinions?