Monday, May 2, 2011

Royal Wedding Chatter

Were you one of those CRAZY people who got up at 4AM to witness the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton? Well, I was! Oh,indeed. Prince William has been my celebrity crush since who knows when, so I had to shed my last tear and watch him start a new life with Kate early Friday morning. It is also an important moment in history for me. When Willy becomes king one day, I want to be able to say to my grandchildren that I witnessed his wedding "way back" in 2011. Also, my dad's entire family lives in England, so it would be a disgrace for me not to watch it.

Witnessing the happy couple exchange vows made me want to get married ever so soon. I have been planning my dream wedding since I was 4 years old. I simply CANNOT wait for the day to come soon enough. But I've learned to wait and be patient on God's perfect timing =)

I love marriage. I love watching people who are so head over heels in love with one another to finally gain the opportunity to become one for the rest of their lives.

So many people are cynical about the whole idea of marriage and think it is a waste of time in today's society since most end up divorcing anyway. I just think that the entire meaning of marriage is lost so much that not many even bother to try anymore. People need to understand that while the wedding itself can be a fairy tale, you have to work hard to make a "happily ever after". Is does NOT just come naturally!

I sincerely wish the best for Will and Kate, despite my raging jealousy of wanting to be a princess.

But Kate looked ever so stunning on that day. Her wedding dress was perfect. It wasn't at all what I had expected her to wear, but she still looked breathtaking. Kate has also become my official fashion icon from now on. Sorry, Katy Perry.



Polyvore is amazing.

I can only dream for the best day of my life where I walk down the isle to be with the one I love. But for now, I can only pray and dream. God's perfect planning will all work out =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?