Saturday, May 14, 2011

Update.

I haven't blogged in almost a week, which is a long time for me. I find it hard letting a day go by without blogging my life's daily events. So, what's new, you ask? A fair bit. I had a fabulous birthday last weekend and started preceptorship this past Wednesday. I found it fabulous.

As previously mentioned, I'm working on a general surgery unit. I am learning so many new things. A very weird fact about my floor: we do a lot of plastic surgeries and one of the therapies often used is "leech therapy". Yes, leeches. UGGHHH! But it actually works for blood circulation disturbances after a surgery. Weird, hey!? Not sure if I'd want leeches on me after getting out of a surgery, but it helps patients recover a heck of a lot faster and removes all the toxins from the blood. My rotation on general surgery is going a lot better than I thought it would and it is so incredibly interesting!

Birthday weekend? Probably one of the best birthdays by far. Some pics of the last lovely weekend:

Karaoke on the 6th:





Party on the 7th:














I still don't have my pictures uploaded from my actual birthday, but they're coming!
My actual birthday was spent relaxing, watching "Funny Girl" with Barbra Striasand in it and eating my favorite meal of chicken fettuccine alfredo, Greek salad and orange dreamsicle birthday cake for dessert.. Yummy!

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?