Sunday, July 31, 2011

With a smile and a song




This past couple weeks, I've been trying my darndest to stay positive and surround myself with wonderful and uplifting-spirited people. So far it's been working well for me.

Last night I stayed at my friend Stacy's house. We're both newly single for the first time in a while so a good girly bonding evening was much needed. We spent all this morning singing songs at her piano - worship, inspiration pop music, and Disney songs.

I remember the song "With a smile and a song" from Snow White ever so well. I remember Christmas morning of 1994, lying on my new Snow White printed blanket and watching the movie, singing the song, not fully understanding what the words meant until 17 years later.

"There's no use in grumbling when raindrops are tumbling. Remember, YOU'RE the one who can fill the world with sunshine"

Why did it take me 17 years to figure that song out?

Long story short, I feel great. I have been looking at life from a positive perspective.

I went to church tonight for the first time in a dog's age and a message was delivered to the congregation in tongues. It stated basically that we need to seek God with all our hearts and that He has great plans for us in store for us when we do. The irony of it all, Stacy and I were discussing the verse last night from Jeremiah 29:11: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I knew God was using this message to speak to a lot of people, but I felt I was definitely one who needed to hear it.

I have no fear. No hurt. No pain. The Lord is on my side and the joy of the Lord is my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?