Friday, July 15, 2011

Vintage Finds

I, a cultured shopped was convinced it would be hard finding fashionable, vintage-inspired items that were original, yet inexpensive in this tiny city I call home. We have two main malls and two other major shopping centres for buying clothes. I find that while the prices of clothes here aren't bad, you'll find about a million other people walking around in the same outfit. There are only two other options. One is downtown shopping. Downtown has a bunch of quaint and adorable, locally-owner boutiques with very trendy, unique and striking clothing items. That being said, shopping for clothes downtown can be verryy pricey. The other option is to shop online, which I've fallen into the horrible habit of doing lately. It really hurts my bank account, though, in the long run, since even while the cost of the individual item may be cheap, it costs an arm and a leg to ship it here.

So, I have resorted to another type of shopping. Thrift store shopping! Dare I say it, but I've honestly found some AMAZING deals on items in there. Things that look like I could have easily bought off of ModCloth or Ruche but 90% less cheaper. The following items were bought recently from a Thrift store. I am so proud of myself for lucking into some GREAT deals!:

A beautiful autumn leaf printed scarf


A lovely pink and purple floral scarf, perfect for the last of these summer days


A black and red floral strapless dress. Perfect for the transition from summer to fall!

With a belt I already owned:


I am also all about finding trends in vintage shops that are all-the-rage in brand new stores, only a fraction of the cost of a brand name item. For example, this black chiffon blouse. I've seen a multiple of girl with the exact same one almost from American Apparel. I LOVE AA, but it is sooo uber expensive. I was really going for this look:


But I found this. An oversized black chiffon blouse with lace detailing around the buttons:


Today's outfit:

I find working with high school kids all day a challenge because you want to look professional and stay comfortable, yet, you always want to add a touch of your own personal style without feeling boring.

Today I paired the pink and purple floral scarf with a purple off-the-shoulder tee, jeans, a braided belt, vintage gold earrings, and my favorite pair of red Toms.



Lovin' these gold vintage earrings I also got for dirt cheap!


Braided belt to tie it all together!


Full outfit. Don't judge the ugly dorm room I've been sleeping in! I swear it's clean!


Love the clothes, I do!

Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?