Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Hard day's night, and I've been working like a dog.

The next month is going to be utter stress and chaos.

So much studying, so much prep, so many lab skills to practice, so many social events to juggle to prevent me from going insane.

Friday, March 18th:
-Pediatrics lab exam
-Oncology care plan due
-Oncology patient prep forms due

Friday, March 25th:
-Med-Surg lab exam
-Oncology Prep forms due
-Oncology self-appraisal due

Saturday, March 26th:
-Nursing Charity Ball!

Monday, April 11th:
-Leadership final exam

Wednesday, April 13th:
-Med-Surge final exam


I was planning on taking a good bit of this weekend off to do diddly squat. After I finish those stupid prep forms (which will be around 8pm Friday night, from the looks of it!), I was thinking of going to see a movie. "Beastly" was what I originally wanted to see. But according to film reviews from my friends who have seen it, I've heard it was lame and cheesy and not to waste my money on it. Too bad, because I was really looking forward to it.

I had a job interview last week. I really hope I get it. I've worked there before, and got hired for a second summer even, but had to turn the job down because I had gotten a job with a bigger salary.

I have lots of goals for this summer, as this is my actual last "fun" summer being a student.

1. Get my license. I am planning to start driving school after preceptorship (which ends at the start of July). I know the classes are every Saturday for a couple of months, so I'm planning to have my license defintely by December or earlier, if possible.

2. Make my own clothes. I hate that the place where I live has nothing original in the realm of fashion. Everyone shops at the same stores and everyone has the same thing, which is so so boring. If you want something the slightest bit unique and high-fashion, you end up paying a fortune for it. I have resorted to buying the majority of my clothes either online (which can add up even if the clothes are cheap due to the costs of shipping), ask my mom to shop for me when she goes away, or buy things myself when I go on vacation.

I have a couple of things I have in mind I am dying to make:

-flutter sleeved shirt dress
-pink tutu-style skirt





3. Finish my nursing school scrapbook I started last summer, but never finished

4. Save up money to go to Vancouver at the end of the summer

5. Go see a concert. I was lucky enough to see Buble last summer. I'm thinking Katy Perry this summer, if she happens to be touring in BC or Seattle the same time I'll be there.

6. Read 6 books. I haven't decided which ones yet, though.


Anyway, back to working on my nursing care plan.

Horray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?