Thursday, February 9, 2012

Naive and Optimistic

So, I've been praying a lot lately about what I'm going to do with my life in these upcoming months. All I feel God telling me to do is stay strong and keep a positive attitude. It seems enough, but it's hard most of the time. Right now, my main objective is to get a job and hopefully, get out of Newfoundland. It's not happening as soon as I thought though. So far, I have had zero interviews even though I applied for a handful of jobs. But I know that actually getting the job is in God's hands. All I can do is be hopeful and try my best.

I felt very confident today. I used to be very self-conscious about my appearance before. I would cake on makeup and spend hours trying to look "perfect". Today, I threw on a cropped sweatshirt and jeans and the only makeup I wore was some lip stain. I felt confident in wearing hardly any makeup. You don't have to look like Barbie to feel beautiful. Beauty is feeling comfortable in your own, natural skin.



I'm calling it an "early" night. Lots to do tomorrow. I'm setting daily goals for myself so I don't get stuck in a rut. Meeting at the Career Development Centre, gym, revamping my cover letter and resume, and applying for more jobs. Oh, and looking up articles for my assignment and practicing piano.

Good-night, blogworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions?